Nov 19, 2008

The End is in Sight


With only 23 more days until I leave the great North Valley Baptist Church and Golden State Baptist College, the world is starting to look a bit bigger than it has in more recent years.  Prior to this year, the world has been an interesting exciting adventure, but is taking on a different role.  In the days of yesteryear as a small child everything seemed so big, but an overall opinion was "It's a small world after all!"  The world can sometimes be a little intimidating and downright scary.  I'm about to finish college, become a big boy, get a real job, house payment, insurance, cell phones, taxes, taxes, taxes and many other things (a wife being one of the greatest things on this planet!).  It can be intimidating however.  Choices are never easy.  Some people let you down, others really surprise you and still others just sit by like bumps on a log.  Right when you think you know everything, something/someone reminds you that in the grand scheme of things, you know nothing.  Let it just be known to all right now, "I KNOW NOTHING!"  

People are very interesting.  They all have so many different views.  I do not understand one particular thing however.  People all "believe" something.  That is a fact.  They do not know why they believe it.  For some reason saying "I believe ________" makes it ok, but what makes it ok?  Who says that "All roads lead to Rome?"  Where does it say that when people do bad things there is no consequence.  The truth of the matter is this:

1. All Roads do not lead to Rome (Since I drive on De La Cruz Blvd everyday from one end to the other and still have not seen the Trevi Fountain on my way to work)

2. There are always consequences for all of our actions.  (Good and Bad)

This means that we, as humans, can't look at ourselves or our knowledge for any answers, but most go Higher.  Someone knows more than us and He has the answers.  Please find (big old fashioned word that is rarely used any more) "Doctrine" for what you believe rather than just telling me what you believe.  Tell me why you believe it and Who says we should believe it.  Just because I think that cars should run without using gasoline doesn't make it a reality.
I have talked with several people over the past few weeks and this has been a general theme.  I am not wanting anyone to be offended by this post, but to get people to think.

This post started out to explain the big bad world that is rapidly approaching and the choices involved within.  I sure am excited, scared, happy and sad all at the same time every  moment I am awake.  Lots of decisions that will not only affect me, but many of the people around me, including my future bride and love of my life, Stephanie.  I can't trust myself for these decisions because as previously stated, I know nothing, therefore, God's Word will have to guide me every step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. Favorite part was obviously about Trevi Fountain. Cute pic of you and lady on here though. When do you actually get married?

    ReplyDelete