Apr 8, 2009

Married life

I think that married life is awesome. It is really nothing like I thought it would be though. I thought it would be like dating, you just go out every night to some nice restaurant, do some activity and then go home, climb in bed kiss goodnight and start all over the next morning. I'm not complaining at all, I'm loving married life, but it is nothing like that.

We still have yet to go on an official date since we've been married. There has been so little time since we've been back to get any time to go out... let alone money. Welcome to the ministry huh? We have finally set aside friday night for our first date night this week. We are going to go "The Cotton Patch". It is cheap, healthy and a really fun atmosphere.

The funniest part about married life to me is how exciting some things are when in real life, it sounds stupid, but so that you understand what I'm talking about I'll tell you a little story. We are trying to get as much as we can on as little as possible, so we have had to cut a few corners one of which being the grocery department. We have been going to the Walmart Supercenter near our house and getting food for a killing. It isn't the best, but it is cheap and it is keeping us alive. We got some coupons in the mail for a Tom Thumb (owned by Safeway) and decided to go there for groceries this past weekend. We were both so excited about going to "a real grocery store" for a change. They had so many options and it was so clean. We couldn't stop ranting and raving about how incredible a real grocery store is.

Well, married life is great and I love the adventures. I recommend to all. Don't forget about the grocery stores... They're great!

No comments:

Post a Comment