Feb 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So, it's official, I now own a house (Ok, technically not till next friday, but I will own a house very soon).  It is in Mesquite Texas.  I will live about 20 minutes or less from Downtown Dallas (depending on traffic) which I am very excited about since I love the big cities.  That is actually one reason I didn't want to leave California was the big cities.  I know if I had gone back to Utah, SLC was as big as it gets and while I love Salt Lake, it just doesn't have that "big city" feel.  Anyway, back to my house, It is a beautiful little 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage home.  I know, I know, I was more interested in having a pool than a bathroom, but I couldn't find a good house with a pool in a nice neighborhood.  Maybe next time (Plus my parents live like 15 min away and they have a pool, so I'll be ok.  My house is just a little 1350 sq ft home with vaulted ceilings, different than the average boring floorplan and a master bedroom closet that is bigger than most bedrooms in California homes.  Here are a couple pics of my new place.

The outside - The standard "Texas" look - Brick with aluminum siding


The breakfast nook with door to the garage


The front room window next to the fireplace


The Master Bedroom

The living room

3 comments:

  1. What did I say? Didn't I say "do not buy a house before me" I think I did. I can get over the whole marriage thing because you're weird; but not a house. That is too grown up for little Baptist. Seriously, this is weird. Congratulations I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I feel like I should have a wedding announcement soon. I think I deserve one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant see house pics

    ReplyDelete